Upcoming MongoDB Events
MongoSF, April 30, 2010
IdeaFoundry Training, May 24-25, 2010
IdeaFoundry is a training company run by the wonderful crew at Collective Idea. Kyle Banker (10gen employee and mongo ruby driver maintainer) and I will be doing a 2 day training session dedicated to MongoDB.
- Why you should store your schema with your application, not your database
- Modeling your data with documents (and embedded documents)
- How MongoDB makes it easier to go from idea to implementation
- Configuring and installing MongoDB
- BSON (MongoDB’s binary storage format)
- How to building smart indexes
- The varieties of dynamic queries
- Aggregation using map/reduce
- Atomic updates with modifiers like $set, $inc, $push, and $pull
- Administration, including replication, sharding, repairing, and upgrading
- Storing large files using GridFS
- Building real applications using MongoDB. Real-world considerations, case studies, and use cases.
We are going to cover a lot of topics and I guarantee you will leave changed. If you have any questions, feel free to drop a comment below.